Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I’m moving!

I am soon to be following in PT’s footsteps and taking on a new, much bigger position.

A few months back I found myself growing increasingly frustrated in my current parish. People were leaving music for one reason or another, and I began to feel as if I had too little to work with in order to make music. It also has never been a particularly gratifying musical experience; my training is in conducting and singing, yet I primarily function as an organist, which (though I have gotten much better) is not my forté. So, I sent out some résumés and had a couple interviews, one of which is a big, quickly growing parish in a very large (larger than my own) metropolitan area .... this is the position I ended up accepting.

I am excited because the parish has an actual organist, which means I get to conduct and sing. The choir is bigger and, judging from my audition, much more capable; I am thinking it is not unrealistic to look toward doing a Mozart Requiem someday there. The parish is growing rapidly - they are at almost 4,000 families, having doubled in the past 6 years.

So, I may be irregular about posting in the future.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 7:52:00 AM, Blogger Jeffrey Tucker said...

How exciting! Can you email me with more information? jatucker@mindspring.com

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Good luck and God Bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home