Friday, April 07, 2006

no more electric guitars at Mass?

If this thing goes through, ....

I can’t say I’d be disappointed in the disappearance of electric guitars, but I would be very saddened to see the advent of a day when such explicit decision-making from the Vatican is seen as necessary. In other words, we should just *know* that that stuff, in our culture anyway, does not fit our conception of “sacred”; we shouldn’t need Rome to tell us that stuff.

(Please note: this is not me saying that Rome’s opinion does not hold sway; if they forbid electric guitars at Mass, then no more electric guitars. I’m saying, why the hork did someone decide it was a good idea to have them in the first place?)

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 10, 2006 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that, as with all instruments, electric guitars can be played appropriately for the Mass. They might have a higher tendancy to be played inappropriately, but from an absolute consideration, I don't think that should matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home