Tuesday, February 20, 2007

An apology . . .

I have taken down my previous post entitled "Recording" in which I recounted the events of the previous weekend when the ensembles here recorded some tracks for an upcoming Marian CD. It seems that the post contained some uncharitable ramblings that offended some people involved with the recording.

Though this blog began as an anonymous venture, where we had hoped to express views and certain frustrations that accompany this profession, it seems to have outgrown its anonymity, at least in my current position. I believe it imperative at this point that I be quite a bit more careful when sharing my opinions in the future . . .

To anyone offended by the post in question, I beg for your forgiveness. I appreciate the dedication and hard work that all my directors put in to make this ministry as successful as it is. The fact that I may have hurt someone over my ramblings composed in a state of exhaustion saddens me greatly. I shall meet with the person in question and apologize personally.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and noticed a mistake in the title. It should be "Cantate Deo", not contate (as i am sure you know it means let's sing to God). God bless, Elizabeth

 
At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Cantor said...

Elizabeth: Where do you see “contate”?

 
At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was once penned with regard to the Latin language.

 
At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Cantor said...

In response to Brandon, I simply must post a link to this video. Hilarious, for those of us with a sense of how difficult a language Latin can be.

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 3:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost a job that way. Legitimately, and anonymously, I thought, blowing off steam, but inadvertatnly used one last name which made who the others mentioned were all too clear, and it made it impossible for one of them, more important to the parish than myself, to work with me. No amount of apology convinced that I was criticizing an event, not a person.
And in the process, I managed to set back the music program years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home